1. Be glad!
Matthew 5:12 NLT Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.
- You are not the unique one. It happens to others and even to Jesus Christ - they beat Him up and hang Him!
- There is a future reward for you. God is the final judge to punish the evil and to reward the righteous. Leave the matter to God.
- How can I have the strength to be happy?
2. By His Love.
Romans 5:5 NLT And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
We are to remember that He loves us dearly and know about our sufferings and the injustice done to us. Even more so, we are rebirthed in the Spirit and the Holy Spirit has filled us with His love so that we are able to love as He loves.
3. So, we forgive as Jesus has forgiven us.
Ephesians 4:32 NLT Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
How can we tell we have forgiven someone?
- When we do not have bad feelings towards them.
- When we don't avoid them.
- When we can rejoice with their success.
- When we can even pray for them when they have needs.
- When we wish for their well-beings.
Do you have any bitterness within you? Do you hold any grudges against anyone? Bring them to God and leave them at the Altar. Receive the love that God has given to you. Love with His love. Let go the burden of bitterness and hatred.
Receive the healing and the joy of the Lord. Be completely delivered. Amen.