How to do this closing well is shown by Samuel in 1Sam 12:19-25. There are four goodie all life time heroes in the Bible. They are Joseph, Samuel, Daniel and Job. Even Moses and Abraham failed God sometimes. David was a din-dong guy that could be very bad and the repented to be very good. He knew the heart of God and I think he sometimes exploited it. The four heroes are all great statesman of their time running great countries and had great influence on the people then. Here is the response from Samuel when the people repented for of their sin of rejecting God and Samuel by asking for a king and to be like their pagan nations (This is the deception of sin. We gave up what we have that is good to exchange for rubbish!).
The Seven Steps for Closing the Discipline - The Must Do follow-up on Repentance
- Make Sure it is A True Repentance
- Assurance of Acceptance
- Point Out The Error
- Point Out The Right Way
- Absolutely Guaranteed Love of God.
- It is God that chose and love you.
- You don't earn it. He is faithful to Himself to love you always.
- My Promise to Support You
- Summary: Your Part Now is do this and not that.