The Gospel is first about Jesus Christ and there is usually no mention of sins! Yet in the typical sinner's prayer, it starts with "I admit I am a sinner ...."! Such a wrong order has great significance in the way we share the Gospel and the way we live our new life. That also explain the weakness of many believers lives. Let's see the details...The Pauline Gospel
A condensed gospel is shared by Paul in Roman 1:2-6 as in:
- 2 which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures,
(Jesus the Messiah is prophesized in the OT Bibles)
- 3 concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh
(Jesus came in the flesh of man as descendant of David)
- 4 and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,
(He is the Son of God as proven by His resurrection from the dead by the Power of the Holy Spirit)
- 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations,
(All man, Jews and Gentiles, can receive His grace by obedient trust in Him).
- 6 including you who are called to belong to Jesus Christ,
(Including the Romans, a kind of Gentiles).
- Rom 10:9-12 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
- 11 For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."
- 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
- Eph 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.(We are saved for good work that God may be glorified with us!)
- 1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ,
- and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
- Joh 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.