2015-12-17

A Life of Joy with Psalm 16

A life of true joy that depends not on any good happenings but hold true no matter what can be found in Psalm 16. It all depends on the choice and commitment we make. The answer is found in the Lord whom we seek for wisdom and guidance and we follow His instructions. The outcome is certain --- a joyfilled life no matter what. Here are the details ...
It all begins with making your choice ....

Here is the mind-map:


If you prefer the text, here it is:

  • My Choice
    • Say Yes to God
      • Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. Psa 16:1 My God as my fortress of Security
      • "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you." Psa 16:2My God as my Goodness and Righteousness
      • The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. Psa 16:5 I live on Him - He is my Heavenly Father
    • The community of saints
      • As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight. Psa 16:3 I have a community of fellow believers
    • Say No to idols
      • The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply; their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out or take their names on my lips. Psa 16:4I will not join them, those that pursue idols and other worldliness. I will not use their methods.
    • Focus on God and Fear is gone
      • I have set the LORD always before me; v8 I follow Him all the time; not occasionally but always.
      • because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Psa 16:8 I with Him and He with me --- there is no panic
  • The Blessings
    • Guidance
      • I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. Psa 16:7 Seek and Get Guidance from Him.
        Internalize His Words that our heart will lead us.
        Follow Him wholeheartedly; not in the mind only.
        Work OUT His instructions.
        Check with our hearts filled of His Words.
      • You make known to me the path of life; 16v11 His Words and Instructions lead to true life.
    • Good Outcomes
      • The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. Psa 16:6 Follow the righteous paths of God and the results will be good.
    • Joy
      • in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psa 16:11 Then we shall have joy and pleasures no matter what.
      • Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. Psa 16:9
        Joy brings health and security.
        Neh 8:10 the joy of the LORD is your strength."
    • Worry Not
      • For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. Psa 16:10 My life is secured in the Lord. I will not be abandoned.
  • Applications
    Choose, Follow and Stay with the Lord our God no matter what.
    When there is fear or crisis strikes, go to the Lord for strengths.
    If we have been in the presence of God often, we shall panic not.
    If you want happiness then go to God for true joy that depends not on any happenings.
Lim Liat(c) 17 Dec 2015

No comments: