The first answer we get is, "It is not about fairness, life is about facing the reality, and life is not fair". Just accept the reality and try to make the very best out of it. Even the Bible says so. See Ecc 11:9 Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thy heart, and in the sight of thine eyes; but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment. There is only one consideration, the judgment after dead. So, within the boundary, live life to the maximum is the advice.
How can we be sure that we can pass through the judgment of God? Religions have all kinds of ways to tell you how to do that. But none of them can be sure that they can pass God's judgment. Man creates special ways of accounting like an arithmetic formula, make sure your good works is greater than your sins in the final sum. Sometimes you can do arithmetic like in the case of stealing from a friend, you can try to compensate him more than what you take. However, many things could not be measured and weighted, such as emotional hurts, bodily harms, etc. How much is a life worth?
God's created universe works on orderliness such that our Science can discover the various Scientific Laws whereby we create lots of technologies that make our lives better and may be more dangerous. God's cannot violate His own laws not be unfaithful to Himself. God's original intention was not for men to suffer nor die. But our ancestors sinned and we carried over their sins to the present. However, God's original plan is not defeated. God, Himself provides a way of escape and restoration for men. In fact, restoring men to a much much better state than our ancestors. Let's look at the Bible verses:
- Rom 5:17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.
- Rom 5:18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.
- Rom_8:16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
- Rom_8:21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
- 1Jn_3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.