Perseverance means sticking it out and not quitting. But it does not mean not making changes. We must always stick to the Biblical Values (e.g. the commandments) and our God given calling (e.g. Our Great Commission). But our methods may, and at times should change, so that we can achieve our mission. To persevere, we need to put our faith to work as our servant. Our faith should be on the unchanging words and promises of our God. Faith gives us hope to work in the meantime until we succeed. Waiting is not waiting idly but be busy. During this period of working, we may encounter complains and even sabotages. The pressures against us may grow as we get close the destination. We shall see failures as the necessary and good parts of exploration - discovering the ways that work. Don't condemn ourselves because of failures but to learn from them. We must celebrate successes along the way. Joy gives us strength to carry on. Always remember that the Lord is with us throughout this journey of life.Continued from Kingdom Principles Discussion 09: Servant Leadership - Law of Greatness, we discuss about Perseverance. We cover this topic in greater depth than in Kingdom Law and Principles - Law of Perseverance.
The Table of Content:
What is Perseverance?
It is about being persistence and not quitting but sticking to your objective until they are accomplished. Jesus told us two parables about this. They are:
Luke 18:1–8 The Importune Window
Luke 11:5-8,10 The Friend at Night
Here is the mind-map about the parables and the lessons learned.
The lessons to be learned are:
- Persistence brings result with people. How much more will it do with God who loves you.
- Their asking (the widow and the friend) are expressed in their actions and not just mere talking.
- Someone may ask how many times should one pray about a request. Our answer is pray until your faith rises up and that you could live expectantly with hope. There is no sin in repeated asking. Asking a few times may help you to understand your requests better.
- God answers speedily. His answer could be Yes, No, or Wait and in His way that is good for us. We sometimes miss His answer because we insist that He should answer us in the way we think He should!
How Can We Persevere?
What to Do in the Mean Time - The Waiting and the Process?
- Faith in the promises of Most High God which gives us Hope.
- The Biblical Values & Doing the right things -Kingdom Principles Discussion 03 The Golden Rule
- What is Perseverance?
- In perseverance, what should not be changed and what could and should ?
- What could we hold on to so that we can persevere?
- How can one build up his perseverance?