Abstract: You don't need lots of faith. Just the right kind. Jesus will reach out to your level to give the miracle that you need. Yet it is better to grow up and live in divine health without the need for a miracle
This post is taken from a message "A Miracle From Jesus" that I preached in May 2005 at my church, Petra Church. It is common knowledge that we reach God by our faith in Him (Hebrew 11:6).
Different Levels of Faith
When I studied the healing miracles of Jesus, I discovered that the people who approached Jesus comes with different degree of faith. Below is the list, starting from the unimaginable "help my unbelief" to the great faith of the Centurion who told Jesus he need not come to lay hand on his servant but just give the word!
1. If You can ... help my unbelief - simple plead for help.
2. If You will You can
3. If You know, You will
4. If You touch me
5. If I may touch Him
6. Just say the Word - Remote Command will do. Need no physical presence.
7. Jesus know, just ask Me - Ask in faith.
The mind map below gives the details with the Bible references:
The Two Surprises
Surprise 1 - You don't need great faith to receive your miracle ....
- Look at the them, were their faith at different levels ?
- Yet, did all got their needs met ?
YES! no matter where they start from.
- Mt 13:12 "For whoever HAS, to him MORE WILL BE GIVEN, and he WILL have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has WILL BE taken away from him
- Mt 17:20 if you have faith as a MUSTARD SEED, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there, ' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
Romans 12:3 ... as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
How much faith is needed for your miracle ?Conventional thinking:
As much as you have!
- Try Harder:
- You need more faith. You need to attain higher level first ... you need more faith to qualify to receive.
- You need to be a better person first. Are there un-confessed sins? (note: there are times that we find healing did not take place because of some hatred in the person seeking for healing or some ungodly belief. During ministering, the Holy Spirit will reveal. But generally, healing just occurs without self-examination).
- Get others, especially those with anointing, to pray or lay hand.
The right kind of faith does not come by your own trying to believe more but by hearing and reading the Word of God. The Word of God is Life! Reading and meditating on His Word brings forth the faith in God that connect us to the Power of God that bring forth the healing.
In summary, while you just need the right kind of faith to get your healing, through the reading and meditation of His Word, the higher and better aim is to grow in faith and in the knowledge of Him to attain His image. It is good to have miracle for our healing, it is even better to stay in divine health without the need of miracle.