When you make yourself attractive, people will pursue you. There are major differences:
- Your Choice vs Their Choice:
If you attract people, you have a choice to make, to accept or not. When you pursue, your target has the choice, to accept or reject you.
- Many to select vs One Target.
- Rest vs Stress
It refers to character, to career, to money, etc. You make yourself attractive by learning and growing up in maturity. Physical attractiveness is temporary (it degrades with time as familarity breeds contempt and it grows old with time), skin deep and earn you a 1st attempt. It is your maturity, the attractiveness of the inside, that maintains and grows the relationship.
- 1Pe 3:3-4 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
If there be only one thing to pursue, then pursue Jesus and become attractive
We will surely be accepted for He is the one that draws us ... He made the choice to die on the cross for us that we may be connected back to Him.
- Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
- Joh 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."
Let us be like Mary who had made the right choice.
- Luk 10:42 but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her."