If we want to put the NT commandments in an order, below is my suggestion. Beginning with the most basic and most important of all ....
Step 1 Know & Believe Jesus1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
Step 2 Living Rightly & Know His WillMat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Col 1:9 ... that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,..
Eph 5:14-18 ... awake, be wise, redeeming the time, understanding the will of the lord, be filled with the Spirit...
Step 3 Fellowship of LoveJoh 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you,
That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Mat 22:37-40 Love God and Love Others....
The "LOVE GOD" part in the OT is now "Believe in His Son Jesus Christ" of 1 Jo 3:23 and then love one another with His, Jesus', love. (Rom 5:5 ... because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.)
Step 4 Go - The CommissionMat 28:19-20
- Go ye therefore, and
- teach all nations,
- baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
- 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
- and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Step 5 Maintain Focus on JesusOnly One Thing is Needful - Learn from Mary.
- Luke 10:42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."
- Eph 1:17 ...may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
- (18) ... that you will know what is the hope of His calling, ... the glory of His inheritance in the saints, (19) ... greatness of His power toward us who believe.
ConclusionThe greatest command is to believe and know Jesus fully. To know of His love for us that we may trust and obey His will for us. Being rooted in His love shed in our hearts, we could love others as He loves them. We can then execute the Great Commission to go to share the gospels and mentor them to be a like-Christ too.
The Greatest Moment of Life is NOW. Living in the past or for the future are not possible. Past is gone. Future is dependent on what you are doing now.