1Peter 2:1-10 tells us who the believers are and how should we live. The mind-map below captures the essence:
First and foremost is that believers are called, chosen, and separated by God through Jesus Christ. So believers are:
- 1 a living stone of a Spiritual House in Jesus who is the cornerstone, the headstone, from which all other stones are defined and aligned.
- 2 priesthood that is royal and holy with the purpose of to offer spiritual sacrifices
Holy is separated out for God. It is distinguished and different from the world.
The role of a priest is to present people to God to be acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. It includes prayers and intercessors for the people and to care for their spiritual developments.
- 3 a chosen race who is precious in the sight of God
- 4 a holy nation - a distinction to bring glory to God.
- 5 God's own people
- We were once not a people, and have not received mercy and in darkness.
- But now we are called out of darkness into His marvelous light to received mercy.
For the purpose to proclaim the excellencies of Him.
i.e. To preach & share the Good News of the Great & Loving God
Don't focus on the past, but focus on your present status and calling and work for the eternal future and rewards.