After discipline, there must be a restoration, for assurance of forgiveness and acceptance. The principle of life, established by God, spoken in Matthew 6:33, never change. It is, sins bring forth evil and poverty. Repentance and correction bring forth restoration and abundance. Economic development follows after spiritual revival. Isaiah 4 emphasizes the restoration and acceptance of God after His purification of His people.A Touching Testimony:
A pastor shared about the discipline given by his earthly father. When he was young, he stealing from a family piggy-bank was discovered by his father. His father gave him a severe caning. However, the next day, his father brought him for lunch at a good restaurant where he could order any food he liked. He was shocked. But his father explained that the special lunch was to assure him of his love despite the caning. The stealing was wrong and the caning was for correction, but the person is always loved. The love for the prodigal son was never lost despite his rebellion and wasteful living. The prodigal son realization and repentance quickly brought back the restoration of his acceptance and restoration. Our Heavenly Father deals with us that way too. When we fail to see our sins, He will use the circumstances and people to discipline us to get our attention. His love for us is never lost but that our sins just block out his love and cause us to suffer. Once we realize and repent, He is ever ready to accept and restore us back. He is ever waiting for us to return to Him. The decision is ours to make. Wake up quickly and return to the Lord.
Isaiah 4 Mindmap:
The Bible text is rephrased and reordered to show the sequence of events.
- verse 1 is a continuation of the last chapter on the punishments by God. Most men were killed in battles.
- 1 And seven women shall grab hold of one man in that day, saying, “We will provide for ourselves, only let us be your wives to have your name to remove our shame."
A typical kind of sin for many, like King Saul of the past, we are more concern about how we look in the eyes of others rather than of God. We go after the symptoms rather than the root cause.
- The Nation is cleaned with the righteous remain
- 3 And those left in Zion and in Jerusalem will be called holy ...
God protects the righteous fulfilling the promised given in Isa 3:10 Tell the righteous that it shall be well with them, for they shall eat the fruit of their deeds.
- 4 The Lord washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion & Jerusalem from its midst by a spirit of judgment and of burning.
- The Restoration after a Spiritual Cleansing and Revival
- 2 In that day the branch of the LORD shall be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land shall be the pride and honor of the survivors of Israel.
Economic Developments come after Spiritual Revival --- Matthew 6:33 His Kingdom --> All Added
- The Protection & Glory - God is with His people.
- 5 Then the LORD will create over the whole site of Mount Zion & its people, a cloud by day, and smoke and the shining of a flaming fire by night; there will be a cover of glory.
This was the same glory of the presence of God in the Exodus time. A reminder that He is the same God that free them from slavery.
- 6 There will be a shelter for shade by day from the heat, and for a refuge and a shelter from the storm and rain.
The protection against the harmful elements of nature.
- The Principle
- Righteousness brings Blessings and Sins bring forth Destruction and Death - Matthew 6:33
- After Discipline comes Restoration
- Punishment is past oriented - for the wrong acts already committed.
- Discipline is future oriented development using the tools of punishment for correction
- After punishment, acceptance and restoration must come.
- Parents who discipline their children must take extra effort to assure them of their love and acceptance. They must be taught the separation of bad actions from the person that is loved.
Lim Liat(c) 28-8-17