From multiple perspectives of time, activity and attitudes, we know how to prepare better for the 2nd coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.In the post Preparing for Christ 2nd Coming, I covered the teaching that I learned from Don Carson. He had four key points:
- be ready anytime
- be prepared for a long-time
- be occupied in the meantime
- be thankful for the pastime
He also has four points:
- live responsibly,
- work diligently and
- think realistically.
- Purify: lead a Godly and purified life.
- He mentioned that in NT, whenever 2nd coming is mentioned, it will be followed by a call to godly living.
- The joy of waiting.
The Basis for Our Joy:
- Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
- 1 Cor 15:50-58
50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”... 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
- Matthew 6:19-21 19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
- Living the New Christian Life - Romans 16 Real Living...
- The Behavior of His Kingdom People - Mat 5:3-12