What did God create us for?
We the created being must find our calling from our Creator God. So we must check the Bible. Please see You are a Masterpiece Created in Christ and Christian Transformation & Growth
- The highest calling for all man is "we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us 1 Jn 3:23"
- To become children of God. Eph 1:5
- To becoming more and more like Christ (Rom 8:29). In the process of growth, we don't rely on our own ability but depends on the new identity and the Christ within (Col 1:27, 2Co 4:7). We are to live out our salvation (Phi 2:12b).
Some believers think of the calling as a destination like becoming a lawyer, a pastor, or doctor. That is a vocational calling that may change with time. Early believers see it a pilgrimage or a journey in modern terms. I think the question is a trick question. Our calling is neither just a destination or a journey. It is both. It is not a journey without a destination. It is not just wandering about in the earth. It is a purposeful journey, to bring us and to develop us, through multiple stations of life, meeting and experience different events, influencing different people, and experiencing and knowing better through the journey to be fully growth up to the mature stature in Christ. The final destination of our glory (God's glory is revealed through us on earth) and crowns of life in heaven.
We Move Towards the Destination - The Hope of Our High Calling
With a destination in mind, this is what Paul tells to do ...
- Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Php 3:13-14
- With Patience:
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us Heb 12:1
- With Joy always no matter what
Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1Th 5:16-18
Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Php 4:4
Even when we made mistakes, God is able to save us from our mistakes. Making and learning from mistakes are part of our training. The key is always to go back and stay with God and seeking Him and following His guidance even though it may look silly from man's wisdom. Remember that is not our faithfulness that work but that God is faithful to His words.
The story of Abraham in Gen12-25 is a good example for us. He moved out on God's calling 12:1-4 with a blessing of a great nation and that's all. It was a journey of trust and discovery. Abraham built altars along the way to remind him of God. He made mistake along the way but God saved him. For harmony, he let Lot chose the better and futile land while he went the other no-so-good land. Eventually, he was able to trust God enough to sacrifice his son Isaac. God works well with our weakness and vulnerability. Don't worry about our vulnerability because that is what love and trust is about.
Enjoy every part and time of your this journey of life once you get hold of God. It will bring you to closer and better relationship with God.
Enjoy this journey of life towards the glorious destination that God has uniquely set for you. Life is both - the journey towards and the glorious destination.
- Know Your Season of Life and
- You are a Masterpiece Created in Christ
- Christian Transformation & Growth -The Unified Model
- Where is Our Confidence?
- Five Habits for Effective Christian Living
- Journey of Life
- The Meaning of Life from the Wisest, Richest and Most Powerful King