捭阖: 8 ...口者，心之门户也。... Open & Close: 8 ...Mouth is the door of the heart....
What we say come out from in the inside of our heart. When we are fearful and worry inside, we speak negative and depressing words. We say we can't. We say let's give up.
This reminded us of what Jesus said about it was not the food that defiled us but the evil inside spoken out.
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; ...
(Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man. )
The verse in the Classic read as follows:
捭阖: 8 捭阖者，道之大化，说之变也。必豫审其变化，吉凶大命系焉。口者，心之门户也。心者，神之主也。志意、喜欲、思虑、智谋，此皆由门户出入。故关之以捭阖，制之以出入。
Open and close is the operation of the Great Dao (Way of Heaven). It is the change that we need to talk about. We must carefully observe and predict the change (i.e. see the pattern of changes). This is because it determines the outcome of our lives, whether good or evil. Take note of the MOUTH. It is the DOOR of our HEART. HEART, it is the center of our spirit. Our will, joy, desire, worry, wisdom and planning, all come in and out through the DOOR. Hence, we must guard its opening and closing, and limit what go in and come out.
It's main teaching is - Be careful and control what you say - good or bad comes from it.
Isn't this the same as Prov 18:21
- (KJVR) Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. or in a newer translation:
- (CEV) Words can bring death or life! Talk too much, and you will eat everything you say.
We are and become what we say.
Because we say what we think, and what we think is what we become as in Prove 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he. We are or we become what we say. So it is extremely important that we guard what we say.
We get what we say.
We have this very powerful verses in the Bible Mark 11:22-23.
Mar 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
Mar 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
- Carefully listen to and reflect what we are saying.
- This is because what we say tell us much about our inner self. Are we worry? Are we joyful? Are we speaking words of faith? Are we jealous? Are we unforgiving? Are we angry? Are we joyful? Are we confident? Are we proud? Check our inner spirit - positive, joyful, confident and trusting the Lord or the opposite.
- Speak words of joy, encouragement, forgiveness, wisdom, beauty, blessings, comforting and assurance.
- Stop gossiping, cursing, and saying words of defeats, depression and bitterness.
- When we are tempted to speak negatively, apply the INVERT operator, and convert it to positive words.
- Speak of what we want and like to become.
- Speak of what success look like.
- Speak words of faith in Christ.