2007-12-28

Imitation of Christ & Living Out Christ

We are all called to be Christ's clone in the world Rom 8:29. We are to imitate Christ. But we all know that Christ's model is of the highest standard and we have trouble imitating it. There are many who shy away from admitting they are Christians in front of others because they know that even non-believers has some high expectation of Christians. There are some who decline leadership because they don't think they can live up to the standards required of leadership.

In my own experience, when being reminded of the need to correct some bad behavior, or to start some new pr0ject, I told God that it was very hard of me. I argued that it is the way I was built. I am strong in there and weak in here. Can you, God, let it go ? But God reminded me that it was not a good accuse. He understands our weaknesses and hence has given us Jesus Christ in Us (CIU) Col 1:27. We have --- 2Co 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." And ---2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

Our imitation of Christ is only possible when we draw from the Grace that is in Christ in us. We need to live out the Christ in us. It is impossible to live to Christ's standard by our own effort.

No comments: