The purose of Psalm 139 is not just about how much God knows about me. It is about asking God to let me know more about myself and be led by God to live rightly.The Outline:
- O LORD, you have searched me and known me! v1-6
- You are Always with Me, no matter where and how I hide myself. v7-12
- You Made Me and hence know me better than myself, v13-16
- You think about Me v17-18
- Away with Evil v19-22 --- But Wait! Is there evil in me that I did not know?
- Lead Me v23-24
- Heart - our motivation, intention, and will. It is the core.
- Thought - what are we thinking? Are they for evil or good? Right or Wrong?
- Walks - our behavior. The paths and the ways that we walk through. It is the thought and intention executed and shown to the external world. The walks are our testimonies to the world.
Do they bring glory to God? Who can tell them best but God who so intimately know me?