An effective prayer could take the format of a court proceeding as an advocate presenting his case before a judge.A pastor and a friend shared about the following three ways of praying:
- Father-Son Relationship: We pray to our Father to present our needs to Him.
- Friendship: We pray for our friend needs as a stand-in. This is intercessory.
- Judge-Plaintiff Relationship: We present our case before the Judge as an advocate.
- “Come now and let us reason together,” says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow …” (Isaiah 1:18)
- “Put Me in remembrance; let us contend together; state your case, that you may be acquitted.” (Isaiah 43:25)
- Pro 26:2 Like a sparrow in its flitting, like a swallow in its flying, a curse that is causeless does not alight.
While God is love, excessively by man standard. God is also just. God will have to extend that justice to the devil too. So if the devil can find any legitimate reason such as our sin, he can attack us and block our prayers from being answered. This is also the reason why Jesus Christ, as the Son of God, has to become a man to die on the cross to pay for our sins and to arise to give us new lives.
- Heb 4:16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.