Our lives are meaningful. We are not an accident. Why? Because God has chosen us, adopted us, and give a purpose and meaning for our lives, that God's glory may be given and shone through our lives.The Mindmap:
God has Chosen Us:
There is a great difference between natural and adopted children. Children had no say to choose whose their parents will be. But adopted children are specially chosen by the adopting parents. While adopting parents may have certain conditions to choose their adopted children, God's love and grace are without conditions. We don't deserve nor could we work at it. It is all of God's initiative.
- 1Th 1:4 ... brothers loved by God, that
- He has chosen you,
- Not that we have done anything to deserve that. In fact, it was opposite - we reject, rebel, against God.
- But Rom 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- 1Th 2:12 we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory.
- John15:16 You did not choose me,
- but I chose youBy Love & Grace
- & appointed youA Purpose & Meaningful Task for us
- that you should
- go and bear fruit andwork of faith, the labor of love, steadfastness of hope
- your fruit should abide
- so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
- God empowers us to His work through us.
- 1 Cor 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
- Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
- Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.
- 1Pet 2:9 But you are
- a chosen race,
- a royal priesthood,
- a holy nation,
- a people for his own possession,
- that you may
- proclaim the excellencies of Him Jesus as Our Savior & Lord
- who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
The Gospel - from death & bondage into Life & Freedom in Him
- The Gospel is not to make people good but to make dead people alive.
- Col 2:13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses.
2Th 1:11 To this end we always pray for you,
that our God may make you worthy of his calling and
may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power,
2Th 1:12 so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.