2018-05-22

Who Should Know What - Psalm 139

The purose of Psalm 139 is not just about how much God knows about me. It is about asking God to let me know more about myself and be led by God to live rightly.
The Outline:

  • O LORD, you have searched me and known me! v1-6
  • You are Always with Me, no matter where and how I hide myself. v7-12
  • You Made Me and hence know me better than myself,  v13-16
  • You think about Me v17-18
  • Away with Evil v19-22 --- But Wait! Is there evil in me that I did not know?
  • Lead Me v23-24
The Purpose:

    
    Psa 139:23  Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!
    Psa 139:24  And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!
   
Lessons
        
The 3 Component of our Life:
  1. Heart - our motivation, intention, and will. It is the core.
  2. Thought - what are we thinking? Are they for evil or good? Right or Wrong?
  3. Walks - our behavior. The paths and the ways that we walk through. It is the thought and intention executed and shown to the external world. The walks are our testimonies to the world.
    Do they bring glory to God? Who can tell them best but God who so intimately know me?
It is about asking God to let me know about myself - heart, thoughts, walks that I may be corrected and lead in the paths of everlasting. The best judge for yourself is but God only.  Ask God to search us, correct us, and lead us. May we have the right intention, the right thinking and the right walk that bring growth to ourselves and glory to God.

Lim Liat (c) 22 May 2018

No comments: