- Desire for His Righteousness and Jesus
The poor in spirit is not about a state of poverty but a realization of one's poverty and the desire to seek the true spiritual wealth. Spiritual desires are to focus on Jesus and His righteousness. Jesus is the personification of righteousness.
- Compassion for the Sufferers
Mourning comes from witnessing the sufferings of those under injustice and the evils that were done. It creates the desire to right the wrongs and saves those under bondage and suffering.
- Motive of Pure in Heart
Purity is about singleness of purpose and cleanliness of heart. Focus enables us to endure under persecutions and distractions of the richness of the world. (e.g. the unfruitful plants in Matthew 13:21-22 of the Parable of the Sower)
- Methods for Achieving the Objectives of Righteousness and Jesus.
Three key approaches are suggested.
- Meek - Changing and Touching the People with Love rather than by force or violence.
It is winning their hearts to obey and follow rather than forcing them to fear punishments. It is reaching out rather than condemning and judging.
- Merciful - Forgiven by Jesus and extending forgiveness to others.
Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
- Peacemaker - Resolving conflicts and amending and restoring relationships.
It is not about covering up the conflicts but revealing them and facing them directly. It is about showing the benefits and reasons for togetherness. It is about working out the visions of the future that all can share and benefit from.
- Endurance under persecutions for Righteousness and for Jesus
- Objectives of attaining Righteousness and Fullness of Jesus
When we share Jesus and pursue righteousness in a world that has evil, we shall be persecuted, in various forms, to cause to abandon our work. But our objectives shall not change or waver because of the persecutions.
Beatitudes - The Ways of His Kingdom
The Beatitudes as recorded in Matthew 5 give the virtues of the Children of His Kingdom. They are also the ways of His Kingdom. Here is the process is shown on the map below:
The blessings of the beatitudes are the rewards and comfort of rest in His Kingdom.
Lim Liat (c) 5 Feb 2013