2020-04-07

How to fix our embittered heart?

Learning from Ps 73 NLV version.

1. It all begins with "Envy"
  • Psa 73:3 For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness.

2. Then we start to "Self-Pity"
  • Psa 73:14 I get nothing but trouble all day long; every morning brings me pain.

    We only look at the bad side and ignoring all the good that we have.
3. Then we become "Angry" & "Bitter"
  • Psa 73:21 Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside.

    Even at times, we get angry with God seeing that we have been obeying Him and yet...
4. Then we become "Foolish" even like a "Beast"
  • Psa 73:22 I was so foolish and ignorant—I must have seemed like a senseless animal to You.
Solution:

5. Seek God
  • Psa 73:17 Then I went into Your sanctuary, O God,
  • and I finally understood the destiny of the wicked.

    Take His perspective. Take the long-term view.

6. Trust God - Hope in God
  • Psa 73:26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
    but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever.
  • Psa 73:28 But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
    I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter,
7. Proclaim His Goodness - It reinforces our trust in God.
  • 28b and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do.
Lim Liat (c) 7 Apr 2020

No comments: