- "Grace is Unmerited Favor" - This Common Definition is Wrong,
- Grace - Wrong Definition leading to Shameful Behavior,
- Degree of Grace - From Grace-less to Ultra-Grace
- Grace - God's Loving Power for You to become Your Very Best
- Grace Based Doctrines
- Salvation of Tripartite Man - The Details
- Spirit Soul Confusion and 2 Types of Defeats
So, I did a search for the word peace G1515 in the NT, and propose a meaning for the word peace in a table shown below (a subset for illustration only):
(I actually used Excel to do this. I can sort and highlight)
Here then is my summary of the definition of Peace.
- Harmony - close relationship among people, and with God. It is unity of differences of uniqueness. We are different and yet we live in harmony with one another respecting and appreciating our differences. This will include reconciliation of relationship.
- Rest and Freedom from or absent of fear, sickness, worry, pressures, conflicts, wars, the negative things.
- Satisfaction and contentment as result of completion as in Luke 2:29.
- A good thing/power or influence or tangible thing from God and of God. That we can give and take back as in Mat 10:13.
- There is degree of peace, since peace can be multiplied. There is some peace and more peace and full of peace.
If this is the case, how can we have more peace?
The answer in focus on the giver of and the Peace Himself-Jesus Christ as in
Phil 4:7-9 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
- There is the peace of world and there is the peace of Christ as in John 14:27. Phil 4:7 They are in panic but you are all calm even you don't understand how can you be that way. The mind who stay on Christ will have the peace. Then you will have breakthrough solution.
- Not just passive absent of fear but a positive presence of courage. To go on a mission as in John 20:21, Acts 15:33. 2Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- Overcoming the tribulation and pressures as in John 16:33. Not escaping. But overcoming in the midst of it and coming out victoriously.
- Peace is the fruit of the Spirit. It is an attribute of Character. Gal 5:22, Jam 3:18, 2 Tim 2:22
- Power of sanctification as in 1 Thes 5:23. Much strife, quarrels and blames come from lack of harmony. The power of peace is able bring recompilation and harmony.
- Orderliness & Clarity of mind vs confusion as in 1 Cor 14:33 ; refer point 7 above.
May you have peace in the midst of all the activities and pressures in your life. Let your mind be focused on Christ.